New Discussion

BL460C gen8 Inteligent provisioning 1.62 Windows 2012 R2 error autounattend.xml

SOLVED
Go to solution
alzoo
Occasional Advisor

BL460C gen8 Inteligent provisioning 1.62 Windows 2012 R2 error autounattend.xml

Hi,

I have a BL460C Gen8 in a chassis which I am trying to install windows 2012 R2 with Inteligent provisioning and all goes well until it reboots and tries to launch the windows setup via hpssbem. I use a recommonded installation.

I get the attached error.

Windows could not parse or process unatttend ansser file [h:\autounattned.xml] for pass [windows PE]. A value in the answer file is outside the range of acceptable values.

autounattend.PNG

Here is the XML file, I wouldn't have a clue what setting is incorrect.  I did a search and a technet spoke about modifying the /key & /productKey section.

autounattend1.PNG

autounattend2.PNG

autounattend3.PNG

any help is much appreciated.

addtional info.

ROM:  I31 08/02/2014

iLO4  2.03 Nov 07 2014

HP OA: 4.11 Jan 16 2014

HP VC FlexFabric 10Gb/24-Port Module 4.10

Inteligent provisioning 1.62

2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: BL460C gen8 Inteligent provisioning 1.62 Windows 2012 R2 error autounattend.xml

>Windows could not parse or process unatttend answer file [h:\autounattned.xml] for pass [windows PE].

It seems to either not like the pass="windowsPE" line or that whole section.

It would be nice if the message included the value.

alzoo
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Re: BL460C gen8 Inteligent provisioning 1.62 Windows 2012 R2 error autounattend.xml

HI Everyone

for future info, I managed to solve this issue.

in fact this server had SAN disks already presented to the server and this somehow messes up the install process.  the SAN administrator removed them so only the local disk was available and I re-did the instllation.  It worked first go.

after the install was finished I got them to present the disks again.

Alzoo