3675 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: BL460c G1 blade will not boot to OS when in c3000 enclosure

shanerma
Occasional Visitor

BL460c G1 blade will not boot to OS when in c3000 enclosure

Hello, first time poster here:

I have a BL460c G1 blade server that was configured for a remote site.  It was configured in a c7000 enclosure, but was shipped to remote site and inserted in a c3000 enclosure.  At the remote site, all other slots are full and there are a mix of blades including this same model and they run OK.  No errors to note on the enclosure or with other blades.  We had the blade in question shipped back and put it back in our enclosure and it boots.  We also tried swapping slots at remote location before sending it back.  I have changed slots here as well and no issues.  All firmware / drivers are updated to most recent.  I wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas on this.

5 REPLIES 5
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Check if the blade powers on and completes POST without errors. Check if the smart array controller is detected during POST, if not reseat the hard drive backplane as the controller is on the hard drive back plane. Also reseat the hard drives. If possible swap with working hard drives and check if the issue is resolved.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

shanerma
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the suggestions.  However, it seems to be fine in a c7000 enclosure here, but not in a c3000 at remote site.  I had already checked components.  I had just checked the power saving mode and it is set for dynamic already.

From the intel i get it does not POST at remote site...

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Since you've already tried different slot in the c3000 and that ddin't change anything, I'd suspect maybe there is not enough power in the enclosure to power up another unit.. Can you access the OA on the c3000?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
shanerma
Occasional Visitor

Yes i can access.

Subsystem Status  OK
Power Allocated 2176  Watts DC 
Power Available 1424  Watts DC 
Power Capacity 3600  Watts DC

Device Bay Power Summary Bay Power Allocated (Watts DC)

1=282
2=182
3=197
4=191

5=empty
6=279
7=218
8=267
Total: 1616

sjblack

maybe a late reply to this issue.  this likely to be the cause and solution....

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01802416