Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
BladeSystem Server Blades
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BL460c Gen8 FlexFabric personality

SOLVED
Go to solution
Fredrik_F
Occasional Contributor

BL460c Gen8 FlexFabric personality

I recently bought a number of BL460c Gen8 blades for our C7000 cabinets equipped with HP/Cisco B22 Blade Fabric Extenders.

I want to change the personality of the virtual FlexFabric NIC from iSCSI to NIC-only. I've tried doing this using the NIC firmware and using the OneCommand manager, but the result is the same; I make the change and reboot the server, and the NIC personality changes back to iSCSI again.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Fredrik

2 REPLIES
LouisH
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: BL460c Gen8 FlexFabric personality

I suspect that your problem may be due to  the "personality option" ordered and installed when the Blade was ordered.

When you ordered a new BL460 Gen 8 blade, one of the options you must select is "how" you are going to use the Flex NIC's on board.  I think you had a choice of: 10GbE NIC's, iSCSI, Converged network, or flex NIC's. This option is what is causing you to continue to see the adapters as iSCSI. You will need to purchase a different personality option for Blade.

Regards,

Louis

Fredrik_F
Occasional Contributor

Re: BL460c Gen8 FlexFabric personality

Thank you.

Do you know if it's possible to do this after the fact? What should I ask my sales guy for?