BladeSystem - General
1751925 Members
5010 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: BL460c Gen8 - Intelligent Provisioning fails. Win2K8 with hpssbem autounattend.xml error

ShaddersJDW
Occasional Advisor

BL460c Gen8 - Intelligent Provisioning fails. Win2K8 with hpssbem autounattend.xml error

Hi All,

I am currently building a new BL460c Gen8 Server - using the Intelligent Provisioning feature. I have started the install with the OS Source stored in ISO format on a network drive. It performs the file copy from the network share & once at 100% - the server reboots & starts the unattended part of the install. It then stops at the same point (I have tried 3 times).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

Re: BL460c Gen8 - Intelligent Provisioning fails. Win2K8 with hpssbem autounattend.xml error

hi,

Please update the BIOS, storage controller firmware and intelligent provisioning and check again.

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
ShaddersJDW
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for your assistance.

I tried your suggections about an hour after I placed my original post, but they made no difference. I did have a look in the C:\ drive for the unattend.xml file but couldnt find it - its also not in the ramdrive X:\

I may try the official route using HP Support & see what they say & feed back.

Regards,

Steve

PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

You can try following:

1.Go in RBSU and make the onboard controller as the first boot device.
2.Start the IP.Select Performance Maintenance-->IP Preferences-->System Software Update(disable)

Please keep in mind that the iLo will be reseted and needs to be reconfigured.

3.Start the ACU and delete and recreate the array.

4.Select Configure and Install --> for System Software Update select Skip Update. Load the install media and continue with the installation.

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
ShaddersJDW
Occasional Advisor

OK, here is what's fixed it...

I was doing the custom installation, setting the partition size at about 140GB & then installing the SNMP agents. If I tick the box & configure the SNMP agents (community string, destination trap etc) this causes the install to fail. If I leave the SNMP agents unconfigured - all is OK.

I have manually configured the SNMP agents after the OS & drivers have installed.

Thanks for your help & suggestions.

Regards,

Steve

Casper42
Respected Contributor

Intelligent Provisioning 1.30 is now out. If you have another blade you will be deploying, might want to upgrade it to IP 1.30 first and see if you still have this problem.
JUT
Occasional Visitor

Hy

Can you tell me how you change the Disksize. in my screen i't s not possible to change the size.

Thanks for answer.