BladeSystem - General
1752732 Members
6404 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

BL460cGen10 blades running ESXi6.7 u3 is logging alerts for 2 sensors, both are off

LouisH
Valued Contributor

BL460cGen10 blades running ESXi6.7 u3 is logging alerts for 2 sensors, both are off

We are upgrading our environment from ESXi 6.5 to ESXi 6.7. The 6.7 environmment is running on BL460c Gen10 blades. We are getting alerts on two of the sensors on each blade. The first is the UUID and the second is the Server health. Both LEDs that are fed by these sensors are off, but ESXi still logs alerts. There was the same sort of false sensor alert in ESXi6.5. VMware issued a patch (or update to fix) for this alert. Could this be an HPE problem? We are using an SPP 2019.12.03 for hardware setup and HPE Custom VMware image.

Any thoughts? VMware's response is "ignore these alerts' Our concern is once in production, logs could be flooded and affect client VDI pools.

Louis H.

3 REPLIES 3
Bunsol
HPE Pro

Re: BL460cGen10 blades running ESXi6.7 u3 is logging alerts for 2 sensors, both are off

Hi Louis,

To check if there is actually an issue at the hardware level you can log into ILO and verify the same. Since you have mentioned that you are using HPE customized Esxi image which means that all the drivers and software are already integrated. That is the only difference between VMware image and HPE custom image. This looks like an issue at the OS level and VMware might be aware of this issue and possibly might release. However found below VMware articles so kindly look into this.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/74607

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.7/rn/vsphere-esxi-67u2-release-notes.html

Regards,

Bunsol

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
LouisH
Valued Contributor

Re: BL460cGen10 blades running ESXi6.7 u3 is logging alerts for 2 sensors, both are off

We have a call into Vmware and are waiting on reply... Thanks! I did see your referenced articles. I found them while researching problem. I think you are correct that it is a Vmware problem. iLO shows no issues.

rmay_bk
Valued Contributor

We had this issue.  The guidance in kb74607 fixed it.

I think there's a competition among ESXi developers to find a new way to break vCenter's SEAT database with each new update release.