BladeSystem - General
1753479 Members
5145 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

BL465c G5's and 685c G5's not shutting down cleanly Win2k3 and 2k8

Richard Thieme

We're having a strange issue that is affecting at least half of our blades. When we run our monthly patch cycles - and restart the servers, half (or more) of the systems will start to shut down, and will just freeze. The systems all have the same patch levels - and I don't believe its an OS issue. Has anyone encountered this issue? If you ILO into the server, you will only see a grey screen (windows terminal background). I'm trying to replicate it now before I call HP - but wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this issue. thanks
3 REPLIES 3
johnschaves

make sure your mezzanine screws are tightened down, pullin the blades in and out over time causes the mezz blade to wiggle out or become intermittent...causing strange events like yours. Also, make sure you have the latest OA, blade, and drive firmware updates.
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Rick this looks like its an issue with the Power firmware. Do you have power firmware 3.4 or earlier than 1.0 installed?
David Claussen
Regular Advisor

We too saw this. There would actually be a red X on the blade's picture. I was SSH ing to the OA and running "restart server x ". THEN, I updated the blade's iLO from 1.78 to 1.79 - and the problem went away. OA = 2.60 VCM = 2.12. Hope it helps.