Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BL490c G7 running internal SSD

simon2016
Occasional Contributor

BL490c G7 running internal SSD

Hello All,

I've been experiencing issues with running ESXi 5.0 on a BL490c G7. ESXi runs from an onboard SD card and I have one VM running server 2008 with a high IO transactional based applcation installed. The problem being every few days ESXi complains that it loses connection to the drive. The drive is a Samsung EVO 850 1 TB. Has anyone seen similar behaviour to this? The only option is to restart the blade using the onboard administrator as ESXi completly locks up.

Alarm Definition:

([Event alarm expression: Lost Storage Connectivity] OR [Event alarm expression: Lost Storage Path Redundancy] OR [Event alarm expression: Degraded Storage Path Redundancy])

Event details:

Lost connectivity to storage device t10.ATA_____Samsung_SSD_850_EVO_1TB_________________S21DNXAG703695V_____. Path vmhba2:C0:T0:L0 is down. Affected datastores: HOBLHOST1_1TB_No1.

My plan is to move the SSD into an alternative blade and monitor. If the same issues arises I will look at purchasing an enterprise class 1 Tb SSD.

Does anyone know if HP supports a 1 Tb SSD in a BL490C G7, the biggest it mentions in the quickspecs is 400 Gb

Any thoughts really appreciated?

Thanks

Simon