Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
BladeSystem Server Blades
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BL685 G7 embedded nic chipset details

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

BL685 G7 embedded nic chipset details

Wilson was looking for some onboard LOM details on the BL685c G7 blade:

I am currently helping to check for the above model specification with regards to embedded team teaming redundancy.

Can anybody advise where can I download the technical documents?

Input and info from Hoa:

Windows teaming software came with SPP except Windows 2012, bundled in from MS last time I check.    ESX4.x/5.x from our VMware Recipes, Linux…you can use HP or Linux drivers.     Always check for required FW as specified by the drivers. 

Emulex BladeEngine2 specs http://www.emulex.com/artifacts/28cc6044-5ea0-41f5-92df-53847457dc4b/elx_ds_all_be2.pdf

Emulex BladeEngine2/3 specs http://www.emulex.com/artifacts/e7206588-e16f-400c-b248-c3ddfae834e6/elx_ds_all_oc_lomfamily_hp.pdf

HP quickspecs:

• Network Controller:
    • Two (2) integrated NC551i Dual Port FlexFabric 10Gb Converged Network Adapters supporting stateless TCP/IP offload, TCP Offload Engine (TOE), Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and iSCSI protocols
      NOTE: Flex-10 capability requires the use of an HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 10Gb Ethernet module. Learn more at:www.hp.com/go/virtualconnect
      NOTE: Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) capability requires the use of an HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10GB/24-port Module, HP 10GbE Pass-Thru Module or the HP 6120XG with the CEE option installed.
      NOTE: Each port is autosensing 1 Gb / 10 Gb, and can interoperate with 1 Gb HP BladeSystem c-Class interconnect components. Both ports will operate at the same speed.
    • One (1) additional embedded 10/100 network adapter dedicated to iLO 3 management
  • Mezzanine Support:
    • Three (3) I/O expansion mezzanine slots.
    • Supports up to three (3) mezzanine cards
      • Dual-Port FlexFabric Adapter mezzanine option
      • Dual-Port Fibre Channel Mezzanine (4-Gb or 8-Gb) options for SAN connectivity
      • Dual-Port FlexFabric Converged Network Adapter
      • Ethernet server adapter mezzanine options for additional network ports
      • InfiniBand (IB) Mezzanine options for low latency server interconnectivity
      • I/O Accelerator mezzanine options for high transaction rate local storage
      • SAS mezzanine option for external direct attach and shared SAS storage

Any other info for Wilson?