Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
BladeSystem Server Blades
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BL685c G6 updated to latest fmwr, drivers continuously rebooting

M_Krueger
Occasional Collector

BL685c G6 updated to latest fmwr, drivers continuously rebooting

I have a BL685c G6 server running Windows 2008 Standard x64 with two NC542m Mellanox NICs installed and successfully running.  I updated using the latest firmware CD, then updated drivers using the latest Smartstart DVD 8.70.  Windows freezes during boot and continuously reboots.  I have re-installed the OS using Smartstart 8.60 and this still happens.  If I remove the NC542m Windows boots with no problem.  The windows system log shows an event

Source:        mlx4_bus

Description:

MLX4_SF_68_0_0: HCA FW version 2.7.606 is not supported. Use 2.7.9000 or higher.

But I haven't seen any way to update the fw on this particular network adapter.  I'm stuck!  Any ideas?