Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
BladeSystem Server Blades
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blade System c7000 G1 Firmware upgrade from version 2.60

franks1025
Occasional Visitor

Blade System c7000 G1 Firmware upgrade from version 2.60

I have a c7000 G1 blade that has lost connectivity with the two SAN switch inserts. I opened a case with chat support ( I have no maintenance agreement) and was told to upgrade the firmware to the latest version. Can I do an upgrade directly to the latest version or do I need to do it incrementally? If I have to go back further than 3 version to start where do I start and how do I get those versions( the web site only shows 3 versions, 2 back from the current). Is this a non-disruptive upgrade or do I need to shut things down?

Sorry I'm new to blades.