Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
BladeSystem Server Blades
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3000 Port Mapping

jzachmans
Occasional Collector

C3000 Port Mapping

Is it possible to switch interconnect ports that are mapped inside a C3000?
Example -- we have an older G8 in device bay 1. The G8 has a 2 Port, 8Gb HBA mezzanine card installed in it. On the back of the C3000 there are 8Gb fiber switches in bays 2 & 4. Currently port 2 of the mezzanine maps to FC switchport 1 in bay bay 4. I would like it to be mapped to switchport 1 on the bay 2 switch. Is this something that is possible? I've attached a pic that might better explain my request.
I've read around online and it doesn't appear so (https://community.hpe.com/t5/General/c3000-mapping-physical-ports-to-blades/td-p/4797542)
Thanks for your help.

1 REPLY
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Re: C3000 Port Mapping

All signals is hardwired. That you can't change.

Embedded NICs / LOM is routet to IB 1 (Interconnect Bay).

Mezzanine 1 (First extra I/O) is routet to IB 2.

Mezzeanine 2/3 is routet to IB 3 and 4.

Half hight servers got 2 mezzanine connectors, full hight got 3 mezzanine connectors.

You can move the FC HBA to mezzanine 1, and put a FC swicth in IB 2. But both FC ports will use the same switch then = only 1 fabric.

BR

jag