4489 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

C7000 - Show all Report

grinningdevil
Frequent Advisor

C7000 - Show all Report

Guys ! 

Need your help in creating a sort of script. 

Need to export configuration(via show all *  command )  from 10 * c7000 enclosures on a windows VM.  

I can SSH to each server and take an export , need help in creating a small script / scheduled task. 

Thanks !! 

4 REPLIES 4
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: C7000 - Show all Report

How about puttys plink?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
grinningdevil
Frequent Advisor

I have not used plink before - and on basic searching was able to connect to OA with this command - 

plink.exe  Administrator@IP_ADD -pw PASSWD

How to export show all report ? 

Basically, I was more inclined to run a scheduled task from windows VM where the PS script connects to an OA, exports "show all" output to a text file and saves it somewhere.  

Lost :( 

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@grinningdevil wrote:

Guys ! 

Need your help in creating a sort of script. 

Need to export configuration(via show all *  command )  from 10 * c7000 enclosures on a windows VM.  

I can SSH to each server and take an export , need help in creating a small script / scheduled task. 

Thanks !! 

A simple solution would be something along the lines of ssh user@server | tee /path/to/log/file.name

You could put it in a script and add variables to append things like the date as part of the filename

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
grinningdevil
Frequent Advisor

I was not able to accomplish this ! 

Opened a case with HPE, and they have simply closed the case commenting that scheduled backup of config is not possible.  Taking a backup is needed when you are about to make configuration change - in that case do a manual backup. 

If someone can still help, it would be good - or else I'll pass this on to the customer..