Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reach iLo web administrator IP

ncsiki
Occasional Visitor

Can't reach iLo web administrator IP

Hi,

I have a very strange issue. In my laboratory i have 16 ProLiant BL460c Gen8 blade. Using same iLo firmware, 2.50 Sep 23 2016, same IP range. Using one HPE BladeSystem Onboard Administrator from the same IP range with Firmware version 4.70.

The problem is that I can reach 14 iLo Web Administrator from OA but 2 of them is not working. I cannot ping the IPs, Traceroute is going the same way, but after the very last step (which is same both for working and non working scenarios) it's not responding. Last environment is our main Cisco, and i checked the config there, and i didn't find anything that can cause this kind of issue, and I'm sure that it has worked before.

There was 5 motherboard replace in 5 different blades, and i am not sure that this caused the issue or not. Does anyone faced the same situation? Is there any settings maybe in HP Virtual Connect Manager where I can find some settings regarding this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Norbi.

2 REPLIES
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Can't reach iLo web administrator IP

How are iLO getting IP addresses? If DHCP are the addresses coming from a DHCP server or is EBIPA configured?  On the two systems having issue have you verified they are not set to a static IP address?

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
ncsiki
Occasional Visitor

Re: Can't reach iLo web administrator IP

Hi,

I am using Static IPs and i can see from iLo - Processor Information that IP what I want to use.

May I connect to that particular blade and check iLo RBSU? Is it possible that somehow there DHCP is configured?

Thanks

Norbi