1748151 Members
3677 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Console keyboard & mouse stop working in gui

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion Oscar.  I had downloaded the Feb 2013 SPP last week and installed it.  So, the firmware is at level 2.15.  I made the suggested change to the keyboard and mouse and rebooted the system.  Again, as soon as it leaves graphical, I can interact using the keyboard with the console.  After booting back to run level 5, the keyboard and mouse still don't work.

This may be totally RHEL 6.4 related.  I also have a Sun X4100 that I have a physical mouse, keyboard, and monitor attached to.  It is also running RHEL 6.4 and I can't get the keyboard and mouse to work while in graphical mode.  Very curious.

I guess I'll ask Red Hat for any thoughts.  :)

Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Did you set a "Policy" in RHEL that prevents installation of removable devices?  I know that if you set this policy in Windows, the iLO Virtual KB/Mouse might not get configured properly and won't work under Windows.

I don't have a G5 or G6 handy to test on.  since it works in plain text mode I'm thinking it is a driver setting in X configuration. I know 6.4 GUI works in iLO on Gen 8 systems.  Are you using the Java remote client or the Windows based remote client?

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Java.  The ilo interface is on a non-routeable network.  So, I have to open an ssh session to one of the servers in the enclave and start a vnc session.  All of the servers in the enclave are linux or Solaris.  I then start firefox and get in to the ilo that way.  This has been working up until a week or so ago.  I'll check the X configuration on a 6.3 system versus this 6.4 and see if there were any changes introduced.

I really don't think there is a policy in linux to prevent the usage other than maybe selinux, but only running that in permissive mode.