7507 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Disque dur SAS HP Proliant DL380 G7

NKgilles
Occasional Advisor

Disque dur SAS HP Proliant DL380 G7

Bonjour

Je suis dans une enttreprise qui a un HP Proliant dl380 g7. Nous avons voulu augmenter la capacité de stockage mais les disques livré (disque dur SAS 300 Go 15K) sont pour la configuration LFF, or nous avons une configuration SFF.

comment faire pour utiliser ces disques qui ne peuvent etre rackable sur le serveur?

Merci

Google Translated

Hello I am in a company that has an HP Proliant dl380 g7. We wanted to increase the storage capacity but the delivered disks (hard disk SAS 300 GB 15K) are for the configuration LFF, but we have an SFF configuration.

how to use these disks that can not be rack on the server?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
derick_souza
Frequent Advisor

Re: Disque dur SAS HP Proliant DL380 G7

Hi,

you Should bought a Drive Cage LFF or a hard drive SFF.

quickspecs with the supported parts: https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/V2/Getdocument.aspx?docname=c04199811

HP 300GB 6G SAS 15K rpm SFF (2.5-inch) Hot Plug Enterprise 3 yr Warranty Hard Drive 627117-B21

NKgilles
Occasional Advisor

Hello Derick_Souza

does this mean that it is possible to use both types of configuration on the same server?

I will see how to have new compatible discs

thank you

rajatmitra
HPE Pro

Hello NKgilles,

You should use either SFF or LFF hard drives in the server. Its not recommended to mix them in the same server. Since you are already using SFF hard drives so the cages would also be SFF. I would recommended you to get in touch with the reseller/store from where you purchased the LFF hard drives and exchange them for SFF hard drives.

I am HPE Employee

Best regards,
Rajat

I work for HPE. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Accept or Kudo

NKgilles
Occasional Advisor

Hello rajatmitra

thanks for your advices