Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
BladeSystem Server Blades
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does BL460c G7's Integrated NC553i support Ethernet Pass-Through Module for HP BladeSystem

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Does BL460c G7's Integrated NC553i support Ethernet Pass-Through Module for HP BladeSystem

Shawn was looking for confirmation:

Understand that under Product Bulletin listed under support interconnect for NC553m, it does not list 406740-B21, 1GbE Pass-Thru as a supported interconnect as it does not list it under below:

·         HP 6120XG Blade Switch

·         HP 6120G/XG Blade Switch

·         HP GbE2c Layer 2/3 Ethernet Blade Switch

·         HP 1:10Gb Ethernet BL-c Switch

·         Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3020 for HP c-Class BladeSystem

·         Cisco Catalyst Blade Switch 3120X/G for HP c-Class BladeSystem

·         HP 10GbE Pass-Thru Module

·         HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 10Gb Ethernet Module

·         HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module

·         HP Virtual Connect 1/10Gb Ethernet Module

·         HP Virtual Connect 1/10Gb-F Ethernet Module

Therefore seek to double confirm if it makes any difference if it’s a NC553i (integrated) instead.

From Hiro:

You have to upgrade firmware of 1Gb Pass-Thru module.

Please see this advisory.

Advisory: (Revision) HP NC550m, NC551m, NC552m, and NC553i 10GbE Server Adapters - False Link Status May Be Indicated when the Adapters Are Mapped to a 1 Gb Pass-Thru Module Even When No Cable Is Attached

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02473928&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=4085948&prodTypeId=3709945

Have you seen any issues? Let us know please.