Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
BladeSystem Server Blades
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFUSE reset caused network problems to my Blade server BL460C Gen 8 with esxi 5.5.0

jean12
Occasional Contributor

EFUSE reset caused network problems to my Blade server BL460C Gen 8 with esxi 5.5.0

Hi, All

I have a serious problem with my blade server BL460C Gen 8,we do have 6 at work enclosed in C7000 blade server enclosure.

Two weeks ago with power cut off one the blade sever refused the power and I surfed on the net and find a post saying that for resetting I have to remove the server from the enclosure and insert it again,unfortunately after doing that,till now the server doesn`t detect network ,with esxi cli I find that the network cards are disconnected (vmnic0 and vmnic1).

When checking in esxi of my host the network settinsg remain unchanged but it can`t ping in the management network nor any other server or local machine can ping its IP.Could you please help to solve the problem?On the attachment is what I see when logging in the Virtual connect.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: EFUSE reset caused network problems to my Blade server BL460C Gen 8 with esxi 5.5.0

hard to tell based on this information, but the flex modules may have no connection to the outside world.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
jean12
Occasional Contributor

Re: EFUSE reset caused network problems to my Blade server BL460C Gen 8 with esxi 5.5.0

Hi,The problem I explained last time perisisted such that it is now printing out the following screen once booted in iLO.

I tried to install multiple version of vmware-esxi but all of them are saying "No Network adapter found".

Check the screen below of the PSOD.

I tried to contact HPE but no one helped,I talked to vmware but they said only HPE can support.Could you please help?

Regards