4445 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Extend/Expand an existing RAID 1 logical drive

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bill_Miller

Hey, I really appreciate all the help and the quick responses on this forum. I'm not usually this dense, but I've tried looking everywhere I can find and I can't figure out which cache module I need. The last response said to check the cache module, but I'm not sure there is an existing cache module. How can I determine this so I know whether I need the BBWC or the FBWC on the P410i embedded controller in my server (ML350 G6)? I suppose I could just order both modules, but I don't want to waste time and money on something I don't need and potentially can't use.

Just in case it matters, my current configuration is the first 2 drives are configured in a RAID 1 (mirrored) array; the remaining 6 drives are configured in a RAID 5 array with a hot spare.

Again, thanks in advance for any help or advice you can provide.

PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

Please create an ADU report and attach it here.

thanks

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Bill_Miller

I just ran the ADU report today. It's attached. Thanks again for all your help with this. It's very much appreciated.

PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

You have 256 MB cache. That means , it's the BBWC one.

thanks,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
Bill_Miller

OK, thanks very much. So since I have the BBWC, I need to order part # 462976-001 and install it when it arrives. At that point, I should be able to extend/expand the existing RAID 1 logical drive, correct? Also, if I decide down the road to change out the drives in the other (RAID 5) array, which obviously I would do 1 at a time until they were all changed, I should be able to extend/expand the size of that array as well, wouldn't I?

my3cents

Hi, i have the same situation with HP DL360 G6. I got the 512 mb cache memory and battery but when i plug in the cache and battery, i get a  "non system disk or disk error" system will automatically reboot in 5 seconds" cycle. I got multiple cache and battery but they all result in the same error. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. Is there any settings i need to configured first before installing the cache and memory  or what? i'm lost and really appreciate any help. I spoke with a few HP support with no answers. One said it's not possible, i need to rebuild the raid. thanks.

kcam001
Frequent Visitor

I have a similar issue where the previous IT guy before me upgraded the 2 120gb SSD's on our proliant ML310e server to 2 250gb SSD's however whats happening is that when the space gets extended it doesn't fill the whole of the drive and i'm left with 126gb still left unaccounted for. Its been setup as a RAID 1 configuration and the embedded B120i mini-SAS controller on the server is what has them at the moment. I've purchased a raid card as suggested in the solution, I think its a P410 raid card also mini-SAS with 512MB cache with battery and am going to try installing it on friday and I do have backups if things go cluster f****. I need to know though will the disks and data be easily seen by the controller after its configured to boot from it or do I have to do a complete rebuild from scratch. I'm a bit of a newbie at this and just want to make sure I dont have to start formatting and deleting partitions on disks