Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
BladeSystem Server Blades
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FC connectivity on HP blade 860c2

NDO
Super Advisor

FC connectivity on HP blade 860c2

Hi

I have a C7000 chassis, with several blades, and a 1 HP 4Gb FC interconnect bay. I am having difficulties in connecting one particular blade to its FC ports, please tell me how to identify what FC port corresponds to what server.

your help will be appreciated

2 REPLIES
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: FC connectivity on HP blade 860c2

There is a relation between the mezzanine slot of the server and the interconnect bay of the enclosure.

Where are your components installed?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
NDO
Super Advisor

Re: FC connectivity on HP blade 860c2

Hi

I think I have just found out, I have used a web browser to check port mappings and I saw as attached that there is already connectivity between bay 5 where my server is, and slot 5. I beleive I am right, please correct me if I am wrongblade.jpg