1753479 Members
4934 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Gen 5 BL460c Will Not Boot Up

drosich
Occasional Contributor

Gen 5 BL460c Will Not Boot Up

I hope you are all doing well! I have a Gen 5 BL460c that won't boot up. When I go to power it up the indicator in the power button is green, but the health indicator is flashing red. This happened after I installed a low-power HDD in the slot that was marked SSD. In the Onboard Administrator IML log for the blade, it says "Server Blade Enclosure Inadequate Power To Power On: Not Enough Power (Enclosure Address 0000, Slot 5)." It is classified as a rack infrastructure error even though the rack itself is powering five other blades just fine and has a power limit of 16.4 kW set. The network card also shows activity (as the server is connected to the network), even though it refuses to output any video out through the SUV cable. 

Did I manage to overload and possibly damage the internal power sensor for the blade when I installed a mechanical hard drive instead of an SSD? I tried both a BIOs reset by taking out the battery and power cycling the blade as well as the dip switches to reset the blade, all to no effect. Any help would be appreciated. Regards

2 REPLIES 2
Suvamay
HPE Pro

Hi,

Try reseating the OA and OA tray then check.

How many power supply do you have in the enclosure?

What is the enclosure power summary? What is available power?

Have you inserted SSD in all 5 blades ?

Thanks

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Suvamay
HPE Pro

Hello,

Any update on this .

Thanks,

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo