3965 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE Proliant BL460c Gen 8 will not boot from new ESXi 5.5

Ketan1
Occasional Contributor

HPE Proliant BL460c Gen 8 will not boot from new ESXi 5.5

Hi,
I have 6 blades that are on VMware 5.5 update 3 3568722, i am trying to load the same version on another blade (blade7) 
encountering errors when doing so, the host keeps getting stuck in a loop, I get a disk error and it keeps on rebooting.  
I have a 8gig USB flash drive installed internal on the blade.  I have set the boot sequence so it books from the flash drive first,  (see boot seq 1 nd 2)

I have had a gogle around, tried a few things and now not sur ewhere to go from here.  Almost seems like the USB is not bootable, thats why i am getting disk failure.  

Below link will contain the screenshots.  Any help would be greatly appreciated 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1O8U5-T9kORGy4PL65Q-_zIpDXulxhGTT?usp=sharing

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Ketan1
Occasional Contributor

Any idea's guys?
Cheers

Suvamay
HPE Pro

Looks like there is some issue with the usb drive. We may need to check the AHS logs. I suggest to log a ticket with HPE and we can assign the case 

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

There is a possibility that the system just doesn't like the USB flash drive, try a different device.  There is also the possibility that if the device was used previously there may be some leftover information or boot block that is causing a conflict.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!