BladeSystem - General
1752276 Members
4948 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How can I tell what version of Emulex firmware is on a G7 blade server's CNA LOM?

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

How can I tell what version of Emulex firmware is on a G7 blade server's CNA LOM?

Lawrence had  LOM question:

How do I tell what the CNA LOM firmware is on a Blade server running VMware ESXi without having to reboot the server to look at the POST screen?

I tried the OA’s Firmware screen but the Emulex LOM firmware is not displayed even with the latest OA firmware 3.31.

Is there perhaps a Linux command line query that I can run from the server’s console?

Chris answered:

If your ESX host is being managed by vCenter, you can check the Hardware Status tab.  There is a Software section that you can look at the installed driver and firmware version of the NICs.  Or, you can log into the Unsupported Console (Alt-F1), type in “unsupported” then the root password.  Use the “ethtool –i vmnic” command to view the same information.  Ethtool is also available in ESX Classic.

Other comments or help for Lawrence? Have you tried this approach?

1 REPLY 1
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

Re: How can I tell what version of Emulex firmware is on a G7 blade server's CNA LOM?

Is there a way to see the firmware level from the OA CLI?  Or somewhere else without logging into the server itself?