BladeSystem - General
1754021 Members
7097 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to determine the charge state of a P244br battery?

PDP-Fan
Valued Contributor

How to determine the charge state of a P244br battery?

Hardware: Blade BL460 Gen9, Smart Array P244br, 12W Lithium cache backup battery.

Problem: How to find out the charge level of the battery?

Why: We had some problems with a customer when we replaced several SmartArray batteries. It turned out that some old stock had be delivered to us. The customer insists now that all batteries are fully charged and tested before installing on site.
This is generally not a problem but where can I see when the battery is fully charged? And how long does that take usually?

From iLO and Smart Storage Administrator, I can only see that the battery is "OK"... is there a place with more detailed information?

"If it seems illogical... you just don't have enough information"
3 REPLIES 3
Sebasbin
HPE Pro

Hi,

You can check  the battery status in iLO by checking the Power tab in the System Information section as per advisory https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00069090en_us

Also refer https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=sf000042081en_us&docLocale=en_US

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

From the advisory linked above:

NOTE: A new or replacement battery requires up to 2 hours in a powered on server or enclosure to charge its cells. Smart array cache may be marked as permanently disabled and server performance may be impacted during the charging process.

At least in the EU such batteries must not have more than 30% loaded while in transportation.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
PDP-Fan
Valued Contributor

If you read the last sentence in my question, you will find that I already know how to see the status of tha battery. But my question was if there is a place where you can find more details about the battery. Especially the charge level in % or volts or amps or whatever.
A simple "OK" or "FAILED" is not good enough in this case...

@torsten: Thank you for reading my question entirely. At least I know now that after 2 hours, the charging should be done. If it takes much longer I can assume that the battery (or the controller) has a problem.

"If it seems illogical... you just don't have enough information"