3670 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ILO Port not given in HP BL460C Gen6

ift38375
Occasional Contributor

ILO Port not given in HP BL460C Gen6

Hi,
Our company is using 6 hp bl460c gen6 blade with enclosure c7000. My IT manager access single blade (physically) remote access through ILO ip address, but when I seen blade from back-side in server room then there was no ILO port on it and no rj45 lan cable connected. So I wanted to know that ILO is a inbuild software feature or physical port ?

Secondly, As per my knowledge HP ProLiant DL360 G4 have physical ILO port ...  Why HP proliant gives ILO Port on Rack Servers not on Blade Servers ?

KS

4 REPLIES 4
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: ILO Port not given in HP BL460C Gen6

Each blade server does hae its own iLO port. They are all tied internally to the OA/iLO port on the OA module.  Depending on how the system is configured the OA provides the IP address or the network provides the IP address for each iLO.  If you log onto the OA, you can see the sysytem information for each blade in the chassis, along ith the iLO IP information. You can launch the iLO WEB UI from within the OA UI

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
ift38375
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jimmy,

Please provide me any data-sheet or article where i can see that HP BL460C Gen6 Blade server have a Physical ILO port ?

Secondly, is HP C7000 Enclosure have ILO port ? If have, then how many ?

Thirdly, Suppose I have HP C7000 Enclosure with 8  HP BL460C Gen6 Blades then what will be the ILO ports connectivity. Please explain with simple network diagram. ?

KS

JaKr
Visitor

Hello KS,

1) In quickspecs of this server you can find following under networking:

"One (1) additional 10/100 NIC dedicated to iLO 2 Management "

link:

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c01714791&sp4ts.oid=3884098

2) c7000 itself is only chassis, which needs at least 1 onboard administrator for management and on this OA you have 1 rj-45 port through which you can access Onboard Administrator management and also ilo ports of all inserted server blades (16max).

3)  I would recommend some user guide, where port mapping is mentioned, for example this one:

http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00698534.pdf

br,

Jan

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Unless you attach the diagnostics dongle to the front of the blade itself, there isn't an individual iLO port you can plug into. All blade servers have a dedicated iLO and they all share a common network backplane that is accessable over the OA/iLO management network port on the Onboard Administrator module.

Read through the HP BladeSystem c7000 Enclosure and Balde server documentation for a more detail.
http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/manualsResults/?sp4ts.oid=1844065&spf_p.tpst=psiContentResults&spf_p.prp_psiContentResults=wsrp-navigationalState%3Daction%253Dmanualslist%257Cviewall%253Dtrue%257Clang%253Den&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!