1751693 Members
4915 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IML Logs not updating - HP BL680c G5

Kumdist
Valued Contributor

IML Logs not updating - HP BL680c G5

Hi, i am noticing that the IML logs on the HP BL680c G5 at a customer site havent been updating since installation and comissioning. Recently, my client had a server failure and the blade refused power on from ilO2, that's when I was called in.

The blade had critical nic error on the front led, and internal health  led was also critical. I pulled out the blade from the enc, and inserted it back and was able to power on.

Server is running  Solaris 10 5/09 s10x_u7wos_08 X86.

The latest entry on the IML log from the OA is 11 Sep 2009. How can i get the IML logs to update? Where else can I get the hardware logs apart from this? 

2 REPLIES 2
active-Pro
HPE Pro

Hi,
If the server is not logging any entries in IML, there are a few things that you check on the Windows and Linux Servers - Not sure about Solaris (maybe some one else can correct this post) - Check the IML Agents in OS to see if they are upto date , then the server iLO2 Firmware and BIOS (system ROM) - see if they are latest versions.

I am an HPE Employee.
Regards.

I work for HPE. The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company. No warranty or guarantees of any kind are expressed in my reply.

Accept or Kudo

Al_Boyce

Seeing similar issue on BL460s. Last update August 2013. When I clear the IML log I get that entry fine. How can I make sure the logging is working?