Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
BladeSystem Server Blades
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing latest HP Emulex 10/20 GbE Drive on Blade 460c Gen8 withe 2016 TP3

Marc_BE
Occasional Contributor

Installing latest HP Emulex 10/20 GbE Drive on Blade 460c Gen8 withe 2016 TP3

Whre should I post this question : 

Hi,

When running the lastest SPP from HP to update the drives for my 554M GbE card it says "The OS is not supported". I thought the latest SPP included support for Windows 2016 TP3. Is it not the case ?

Thanks in advance,

1 REPLY
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Re: Installing latest HP Emulex 10/20 GbE Drive on Blade 460c Gen8 withe 2016 TP3

A look at the 554M support page within HP does not list Windows 2016 as a selectable option.

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5215391&lang=en&cc=us

I spend a bit of time searching for Emulex drivers for W2k16 and found this:

"These drivers are pre-release and for evaluation only.  Do not use them in a production environment."

Windows 2016 is still in preview/beta mode isnt it?  I doubt you will find drivers in a support pack in this case.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!