BladeSystem - General
1745787 Members
3520 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Inteligent Provisioning does not see Network File Share?

commguyaf
Occasional Contributor

Inteligent Provisioning does not see Network File Share?

We have some new HP ProLiant DL360 G8 servers that I am setting up. Since they do not have a CD drive I would like to be able to store the OS images on a network share, and have the Intelligent Provisioning grab the OS ISO's from this share. I am working within a Windows domain, using Server 2008 R2. I can not find anywhere in the documentation that came with the servers how to set this up. When I try to connect to a NFS file share on a Server 2008 R2 box, the Intelligent Provisioning can not connect. I do have a network connection, and was able to get an IP via DHCP and used the Intelligent Provisioning to download firmware updates from HP. Any help or a link to documentation is greatly appreciated, thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Casper42
Respected Contributor

Re: Inteligent Provisioning does not see Network File Share?

commguyaf
Occasional Contributor

Re: Inteligent Provisioning does not see Network File Share?

Casper, you're correct thanks for that info. I did read that though and decided to try an FTP server instead since it does not require any credentials. I set up an FTP server on the network and was able to connect to it and download / upload files from various devices on the network. However, Intelligent provisioning still could not connect. I spent hours on the phone with HP support and was transferred up 3 levels of support. In the end they could not help. I asked if they had ever seen this work or had it set up in a lab... no. They suggested something on the network is blocking the server from accessing the ftp server (although they are on the same switch and subnet). So, I tried to make the connection as simple as possible. I set up a stand alone FTP server connected to the new Proliant with a crossover cable. The proliant still could not connect to the ftp server.