Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
BladeSystem Server Blades
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit nbr of NICS available to a blade

PeteW13
Occasional Visitor

Limit nbr of NICS available to a blade

We're pretty new to bladeservers and I want to know if it is possible to limit the number of NICs a bladeserver sees.

E.g. at the moment a blade server in our C7000 has like 10 NICS available in Windows. I can disable the once I don't use in Windows but what if I only want to have 2 or 3 NICS show up in Windows.

2 REPLIES
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

Re: Limit nbr of NICS available to a blade

What is the server model and mezz cards in it?  

If you are using CNA's I haven't seen a way around them showing up, not including them in the profile doesn't make a difference.

If they are not CNA you could look into disabling them in BIOS or physically removing mezz cards that you don't need.

Casper42
Trusted Contributor

Re: Limit nbr of NICS available to a blade

This is a limitation of Virtual Connect Flex-10/FlexFabric. You see all the FlexNICs even if you are not using them.

Right now there is no way around this but I can tell you VC engineering has heard this and is working on it.