4433 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Mezannine slot issue

Tabriz1
Advisor

Mezannine slot issue

Dear Community,

When l check the server  with ILO  in network section this issue appeared. What means the mezannine? Could help to solve the problem? The issue status is  Unknown.

Best regards,

Tabriz

4 REPLIES 4
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

In an HPE ProLiant BladeSystem Blade Server, the network cards are usually installed on slots known as mezzanie slots. These slots have a slightly raised from the system board and hence the name. As an example, you may review the "Remove/Replace Video - HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen10 Server Blade Mezzanine Option". At the right side list, click the second video from the top to view it.

If iLO indicates the status as 'Unknown", then it would mean that no such card has been installed.

You may search for the relevant blade server from the HPE Support Center Search link.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Tabriz1
Advisor

Dear @TVVJ ,

Thank you for the wide information!

if the status is degraded? What means?. .Need to replace the mezzanine slot?

Best regards,

Tabriz

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hello,

If the status is degraded, then it would indicate possible issues. Please refer to the relevant blade server documentation in HPE Support Center portal.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Tabriz1
Advisor

Dear @TVVJ 

In additional, l would like to point that, in mezannine slot that looks status unknown, the PN,Product Port Number,Assembly number SN, Product version Firmware version is seeming