1751706 Members
5491 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Port 49623/UDP on blade server iLOs and C7000 OAs

PeterPie
Visitor

Port 49623/UDP on blade server iLOs and C7000 OAs

We do NMAP scans on all our devices and need to provide justification for all open ports.

On our HP Ethernet blade switch iLOs and C7000 OA's, when our network security team scans them, they are saying that UDP-49623 is open on them and that we need to justify why that is. I have gone though all  the HP documentation I can find online and I do not see anything about this port. Does anyone know what it is used for and/or how to disable it?

3 REPLIES 3
Kashyap02
HPE Pro

Re: Port 49623/UDP on blade server iLOs and C7000 OAs

HI Peter, 

Yes, OA ILO and Blade switches are uses this port for TCP. 
There is no option in hardware to disable this port.  You need to disable this port from OS / Firewall. 

Thank you.

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

PeterPie
Visitor

Thank you. Do you know the purpose of this open port or can you point me to any documentation that references the purpose if this?

Thanks,
Peter.

Kashyap02
HPE Pro

Hi Peter, 

I vefieid again, these ports are used for OA and ILO 4 management communication and these ports cannot be disabled. 

There is no documentation avaialble for this as of now.

Thank you. 

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo