BladeSystem - General
1751813 Members
5579 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Power Advisor with Westmere 6-core processors?

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Power Advisor with Westmere 6-core processors?

Steve was looking for information in the Power Advisor tool that included the new Intel Westmere 6-core processors.

****************************************************************************************************************

Anyone know when the Power Advisor will include the Westmere 6-core processors? The current online version at http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/solutions/power/index.html does not have them. I have not been able to download the offline version today for some reason so I do not know whether that includes Westmere.

****************************************************************************************************************

Jonathan had some info:

***************************************************************************************************************

Hi Steve,

I just tried it on both the online version and download versions and am seeing the Westmere 6-core processors on both.

************************************************************************************************************

In truth, I saw it too. Do you use the Power Advisor tool? Pretty cool.

1 REPLY 1
chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Re: Power Advisor with Westmere 6-core processors?

Jonathan had some additional words of wisdom:

******************************************************************************************************************

I want to point out that HP BladeSystem Power Sizer v3.19.0 has a Build-To-Order (BTO) and Configure-To-Order (CTO) selection button.  If BTO is selected then the only BL460cG6 Westmere product shown available in Power Sizer is the 595725-B21 X5650 model (this is the only Westmere BTO sku documented in the BL460cG6 Quickspecs).  However, if the CTO button is selected in Power Sizer then you will see all of the other Westmere processors available for the BL460cG6 (L5640, E5640, X5650, & X5670). 

As we go forward, Power Advisor will likely have the c-Class blades product updates available prior to Power Sizer.  This is because Power Sizer uses a manual process to incorporate the product updates whereas Power Advisor is built around an automated process.

As you begin using Power Advisor for blades, please let me know if there are any additional enhancements you would like to see made to this tool to support your blades power & cooling sizing needs. No promises but we are looking for your input.

******************************************************************************************************************

Let us know!!