Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
BladeSystem Server Blades
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProLiant BL620c G7 cannot boot from USB

VTomi
Occasional Contributor

ProLiant BL620c G7 cannot boot from USB

HI!

We have 4 newly installed BL620c servers in a C7000 enclosure which cannot boot from USB. We tried it from external I/O cable and we connected the USB in remote console too. Other I/O cable also didn't work. We would like to upgrade the firmwares of the servers.

Boot controller order and boot order is correct, USB is enabled in BIOS.

Servers ROM Version: I25 03/10/2011

ILO :

Type: iLO3

Firmware Version: 1.26 Aug 26 2011

OA version: 3.30

If you have experience in this issue  or  have any idea  please  don't  hesitate to share with us.

Thanks!

1 REPLY
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: ProLiant BL620c G7 cannot boot from USB

Occasionally I'll have a server that doesn't want to boot from USB. I go into RBSU and "reset to factory default" This normally clears whatever the issue is.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!