7361 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Need advice on steps to upgrade HP C7000 with G6, G7 Proliant Blades

jlow21
Occasional Contributor

Dear All,

It's been a while since I last touched on C7000 firmware updating. To support latest G9 Proliant Blades on existing C7000 enclosure, I was advised by HPE Support to update my enclosure which comprises of existing blade servers, VC FC and ENet modules. Do share any best practices or pointers if I missed out any below.

0. All existing configuration for OAs and VCs will be exported out.

Use the lastest HP Service Pack for Proliant Oct 2015 Important is the following order:

1. Update Onboard Administrator (either via remote notebook running SPP connected to OA management / via OA web management webpage browse and upload the OA firmware package).

2. Update all servers first via the SPP (either via remote notebook running SPP connected to OA management / via direct connect SPP bootable media to each server).

All servers running ESXi host so will be doing offline method.

3. Update all Virtual Connect (either CLI via remote notebook running Virtual Connect Support Utility (VCSU) connected to OA management / via remote notebook running SPP connected to OA management)

1  HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module                      
  2  HP VC Flex-10 Enet Module                      
  3  HP VC 8Gb 24-Port FC Module                     
  4  HP VC 8Gb 24-Port FC Module                     
  5  HP VC Flex-10/10D Module                        
  6  HP VC Flex-10/10D Module        

Thanks & Regards,
jlow21

1 REPLY 1
Server-Support
Super Advisor

Yes @JLO that does make sense.

If you are running VMware, make sure to disable the HA during the Virtual Connect update.

See: http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02885443&docLocale=en_US

Let us know how you go after the update or if you have updated steps ?

Best regards,