1748277 Members
4171 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion

RoHS compliance for BL465 and BL620 G7

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

RoHS compliance for BL465 and BL620 G7

Rinaldo had a question regarding compliance to new country regulatory directives:

Hi,

Do you know if the BL465 and BL620 G7 comply with the RoHS and WEEE directive?

For a call for tenders I’ve been requested to provide certifications for the servers and I can only find reports of compliance for the c7000 enclosure.

Thanks for the help.

Oliver had some info:

Hi Rinaldo,

I have documents for RoHS compliance (English) and WEEE (German) compliance. I am sure that you will find the corresponding doc in English as well. These certificates applies to all products that are manufactured after the dates mentioned in the certificates.

Any one have the urls to these documents? 

What is RoHS?

Working in partnership with the policy lead at the new Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS), NMO is the UK Enforcement Authority for the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2008 (the “RoHS Regulations”). These Regulations implement EU Directive 2002/95 which bans the placing on the EU market of new electrical and electronic equipment containing more than agreed levels of lead, cadmium, mercury, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyl (PBB) and polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) flame retardants

What is WEEE?

The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) directive imposes the responsibility for the disposal of waste electrical and electronic equipment on the manufacturers of such equipment. Those companies should establish an infrastructure for collecting WEEE, in such a way that "Users of electrical and electronic equipment from private households should have the possibility of returning WEEE at least free of charge". Also, the companies are compelled to use the collected waste in an ecologically-friendly manner, either by ecological disposal or by reuse/refurbishment of the collected WEEE.