BladeSystem - General
1748127 Members
3970 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Server no boot devices found and agentless management service is not available

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Server no boot devices found and agentless management service is not available

I have a BL460C Gen9 running ESXi 6.0.  It boots from SD card.  Server has been up and running for some time.  Came in this morning to find the server offline.  Getting no boot device available error.  Since SD cards sometimes fail I booted server with ESXi ISO to see if it would see the SD card as an available install location.  It did but also showed a second local device identified as HP ILO Internal SD card.  Never seen that before.  The ILo System Information summary page shows that the Agentless Management service is unavailable.  Tried all of the usual troubleshooting items - reboot, reset ILO, etc.  Tried booting from latest SPP iso to see if the AMS was showing as installed but it will not give me the option to choose manual install.  It runs through the auto install in a just a few minutes and reboots.

1-30-2018 8-06-22 AM.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
smokin901
HPE Pro

Re: Server no boot devices found and agentless management service is not available

Hi,

What is the BIOS Version,  iLO Firmware on the server.

Please share screenshot from iLO4->Diagnostics page

I am an HPE Employee
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company

Accept or Kudo

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

ILO is at fw 2.55

1-30-2018 5-12-10 PM.jpg

JeroenKleen
Frequent Advisor

Hello Kerry,

The "hp-ilo" 8GB SD is the so called iLO NAND flash embedded partition. You can easily disable that from the BIOS pages (F9). It might have been left visible after install.

The issue with: "Agentless Management service is unavailable" could be caused by the simple reason that the  HPE Active Health driver or agent might not be loaded properly and then the status of the service would not show up as well as 'green' .
This could happen as well by teh simple reason if you didn't used the HPE VMware custom ISO image or you made your own VMware image without this service/agent included.

I hope this helps?

Cheers, Jeroen

Working at HPE Pointnext Cloud CoE as HPE OneSphere multi-cloud Evangelist
smokin901
HPE Pro

AMS inofmriaotn in iLO will be unavaiable when OS is not loaded./not running

AMS is a driver/agent and can be installed only in online mode of SPP installation.

When booting from SPP ie Offline mode installation one can only install firmware.

you SD-CARD or no boot issue requires further investingation and most likely AHS logs needs ot be checked. I will suggest to log a ticket with HPE Support.

I am an HPE Employee
The comments in this post are my own and do not represent an official reply from the company

Accept or Kudo

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the info.  Disabling the Internal SD Card Slot in the bios did the trick.  Not sure how it got enabled in the first place because the server has been in production for some time but I'll take it. 

JeroenKleen
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hi Kerry, I'm glad2hear to hear that. 
Feel free to close this issue then and do the kudo's if needed.
Wishing you a very good day.
Cheers, Jeroen

Working at HPE Pointnext Cloud CoE as HPE OneSphere multi-cloud Evangelist
IVANACCIO
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I've same problem, when selecting the internal SD-Card to install the OS esxi 6.5 an error is displayed.

How can I solve it?
thanks a lot

1.JPG2.JPG