Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
BladeSystem Server Blades
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Servers in Seismic zone

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Servers in Seismic zone

Duane was looking to help a customer with Carrier-grade server info:

Friends,

My customer is responding to an RFP where equipment must be rated for seismic zones.   I can’t find anything other than our rack tie downs and the Carrier grade product quickspecs which even mention this in the environmentals.  The fact that we have stabilizing/tie down kits is not detailed enough.   I did find the 10000-series white paper for rack seismic best practices.

Anyone know if we do seismic testing and where I might find that data for rack mount as well as BladeSystem server products ?

John replied: 

Hi Duane,

The DL360, DL380 and the c7000 have been tested and passed a Seismic Zone 4 test, when mounted in a HP Seismic (Telco) rack.

We can provide details, as required.

also **bleep** had some info: 

We also offer a Rack Tie Kit Option for the 10K G2 600MM Wide Rack that is Zone 4 Certified (one of three levels).

I have a paper on it as needed.

If you need more NEBS compliant info look here: www.hp.com/go/carriergrade