1752590 Members
2822 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Too many nics showing in vcenter

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Too many nics showing in vcenter

This may be a vmware issue but thought I'd running the question through here first.  I have numerous BL460C-Gen9's running vmware 6.5 U2.  Of the 8 network ports available on the blade, Oneview profiles assigns 6 as network ports and 2 as fiber channel.  Looking at the host config in vcenter, I should have 6 physical adapters / vmnics and 2 storage adapters /vmhbas.  This is the case for every blade but one which shows 8 physical adapters / vmnics and 2 storage adapters /vmhbas.  The 2 fiber channel adapters should not appear here.  Ideas?

8 nics.jpg.  

3 REPLIES 3
RaviTyagi
HPE Pro

Hello Kerry,

Greetings !

Are you using Fibre channel or Fibre channel over ethernet ?

Regards,

RRT

I am a HPE Employee

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

FC

RaviTyagi
HPE Pro

Please check if the firmware and driver version are the same on working and non working Esxi for both the VMHBA and NIC's .

Use the below mention Kb article for reference .

Determining Network/Storage firmware and driver version in ESXi =>(https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1027206 )

If there is a difference , Please reach out to the HPE support Team for further assistance .

Regards,

RRT 

I am an HPE Employee 

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo