Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
BladeSystem Server Blades
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to detect unplugged nic cable

scooteroc
Occasional Contributor

Unable to detect unplugged nic cable

The blade system is remote and i have to depend on someone to disconnect / connect cables and the problem is i do not see the port status ichange when the cable is disconneted. Is there a configuration in SIM, Blade, interconnect port uplink or what? I have is C7000 with BL460 G1 (6 nics) to Pass-through interconnects.

2 REPLIES
scooteroc
Occasional Contributor

Re: Unable to detect unplugged nic cable

Apologies to all for the cryptic request. What I need is to know how I can see NIC port link status on the C7000 blade system / BL460 G1 with 4 port NIC (6 nics total) connected to pass-through interconnects. This might seem simple but I just can’t find it and Insight is not catching it.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to detect unplugged nic cable

Hi, perhaps you can see this from the OA? I presume the port in the pass-thru module needs to be connected to a switch for you to get link.