Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
BladeSystem Server Blades
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS460c Gen8 or Gen9 with 630FLB and FC capability?

xusarmy
Occasional Contributor

WS460c Gen8 or Gen9 with 630FLB and FC capability?

I have a WS460c Gen8 server running Windows 7 Professional.  I have a 630FLB that is supposed to carry both LAN and SAN.  Is this server supposed to support FC on the LOM if configured correctly in VC Manager.  I have 2 NICs, and 2 FC connections, I also have the SAN connections built as well.  I have a BL460c Gen9 server in this same chassis that I can see logged into the SAN, so Im not sure what the problem could be.  When I get into the WS460c BIOS, I can see the 630FLB, but when I go to bootable devices, the only thing I see is the local Storage Controller.  Am I missing something?  I have also been on the Cisco Switch and did a "show flogi database", which shows me some WWPN's, but none from the WS's (3 installed in chassis).  Disregarding the OS that is installed (because that may be another issue), I should see from the BIOS of this card the ability to see something.  

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Todd