Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
BladeSystem Server Blades
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bl45p g1 Memory enumeration errors on dimms 9-16

Koopa
Frequent Advisor

bl45p g1 Memory enumeration errors on dimms 9-16

I have a BL45p that when you look at HP sim, it shows it has dimms in slots 1&2, 5&6, 9&10 and 13&14 as you would expect, but for some reason as the screenshot shows, it shows unknown enumeration value 0 in slots 9-16 which are all slots on secondary board. I have swapped both system boards but still get the same issue. I have also replaced all 4 dimms in 9,10,14 & 14 but still show the following. I've also replaced the dimm in slot 5, so please ignore that. Any ideas what I can try next? I'm going to try and replace the cpu's in the secondary board and see if this resolves but any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

Koopa79

1 REPLY
Koopa
Frequent Advisor

Re: bl45p g1 Memory enumeration errors on dimms 9-16

just to add to it, I've also tried swapping cpu's 3 & 4 with 1 & 2 but i still get the same issue. I have also tried moving the blade into different just to make sure it wasn't a fault with the slot. Still get the same error. Does anyone know if this could be a firmware issue? as i've kind of run out of hardware options to try.