1751849 Members
5129 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

c7000 connect to a BL460c blade iLO2 and returns 0.0.0.0 on address bar

nabor
Occasional Contributor

c7000 connect to a BL460c blade iLO2 and returns 0.0.0.0 on address bar

I have a c7000 with several blades installed. One day, I was trying to access the iLO2 to a BL460c G5 server from OA, however, it redirected me to a 0.0.0.0 URL which is not exist. I tried to remove IE7 cache, but still the same.

The enclousre firmware is 4.7 and the iLO2 firmware is 2.29.

I could access other iLO2 which has the same firmware without any issues. I don't know the admin password, otherwise I could access that iLO with the local IP address directly.

Any idea on how to solve this issue? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Suvamay
HPE Pro

Re: c7000 connect to a BL460c blade iLO2 and returns 0.0.0.0 on address bar

Hello,

Please try resetting the ILO.

Please follow the below link to reset the ILO password.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c02996384#:~:text=iLO%202%20password%20can%20be,download%20the%20software%20utility%20%2F%20driver%20.

Thanks,

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
VPR1
HPE Pro

Hello Sir.

It depends. on age/model and if system I/O bd has been replaced.

On old systems and systems wich has had the system I/O bd replaced.
There's a tag, attached to the server.
With the default dns name and password.

On other system
There's a sticker on the top lid.

If you can't find default username/password for iLO, you can use iLO Security Override switch described in server user guide.

"The iLO Security Override switch allows emergency access to the administrator with physical control over
the server system board. Setting the iLO Security Override switch allows login access, with all privileges,
without a user ID and password.
The iLO Security Override switch is located inside the server and cannot be accessed without opening the
server enclosure. To set the iLO Security Override switch, the server must be powered off and
disconnected from the power source. Set the switch and then power on the server. Reverse the procedure
to clear the iLO Security Override switch.
A warning message is displayed on the iLO Web pages, indicating that the iLO Security Override switch
is currently in use. An iLO log entry is added recording the use of the iLO Security Override switch. An
SNMP alert may also be sent upon setting or clearing the iLO Security Override switch."

-----

If issue still seen then send us official Case to HPE.

Regards,

Vijaya

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
nabor
Occasional Contributor

I couldn't use the Administrator_reset_pw.xml script since the URL is not available. Could you paste the script here please?

I found I could ssh into iLO and there is a reset command, can I just issue that command to reset the iLO without losing any data?