1753774 Members
6952 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: D2200Sb + Crucial MX300 is failing

CatalinGMN
Occasional Collector

D2200Sb + Crucial MX300 is failing

I have 4 storage blades D2200sb and many Crucial MX300 SSD's , 525Gb and 1050GB as well. 

Storage PN: 619794-001

SSD PN: CT1050MX300SSD1

The isssue is that at every reboot the sb reports that 2-3 ssds failed, randomly , every reboot are other drives. The drives are ok actually, and if we remove them and place them back in (the same ones) the storage is seeing them ok (the green led on the drive number is on and the red one is off) . All 4 SB (from different suppliers, 2 new and 2 second-hand) are having the same issue! 

If we don't reboot the server, all drive's led are green and the sb is working properly. If we make 2 reboots, the array failed....

Is there an incompatibility between this type of ssd and the sb? Maybe a firmware update that could help me?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
CatalinGMN
Occasional Collector

UPDATE

I have setup 1 sb with hp sas drives, and after 5 reboots no drive failed ... that kind of confirms my theory that is something fishy regarding d2200sb & crucial mx300 ...  So my question is : Can somebody recommend a firmware update that could help me? Or any other solution?

Thanks

denis_b
HPE Pro

Hello @CatalinGMN

If it's working with HPE SAS drives, so I'd recommend only Smart Array Controller update. If it's latest, we can do nothing, unfortunately.

But very strange behavior :( 

I am HPE Employee
Best regards,
Denis

Accept or Kudo

CatalinGMN
Occasional Collector

We now have setup multiple D2200Sb  , mostly with Crucial MX300 SSDs, but we have a few with ADATA Premier SP550 as well. Disk are randomly failing after reboot of the attached server to the SB. We have to re-seat them and re-enable failed logical drive everytime. 

From time to time , ssds are also failing when the storages are running, even with 3 spare drives, and reboot + re-seat is the only solution at the moment. 

We have the latest Smart Array Controller update. 

I must mention also that the same ssd's we are using on some blades that have the same array controller as the SB (p410i) , and never failed directly in the blade (460g g6 and g7) in years.