BladeSystem - General
1752291 Members
4975 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE 1.2TB Read Intensive Mezzanine PCIe Workload Accelerator - PN 794603-B21 Downgrade Firmware

sillyvainplex
Occasional Contributor

HPE 1.2TB Read Intensive Mezzanine PCIe Workload Accelerator - PN 794603-B21 Downgrade Firmware

HPE 1.2TB Read Intensive Mezzanine PCIe Workload Accelerator - PN 794603-B21

Hi I am trying to downgrade this fusion card to a lower firmware so I can use it for ESXI 6.X and everytime I try to gives me an invalid firmware file.

Finding drivers and firmware file for this card on the HP support is impossible.  I can make it work with windows server without any issue.

doing a fio-status it sees it as a ioMemory ioMono and driver is 4.3.7

I have been trying to make it work for vmware for a week and I am getting ticked off because I cannot find anything on this card on the HP support. if I search by part number I get a printer results.

I did go to Sandisk website and nothing works..  I think it's the firmware that needs to be downgraded.

Help

1 REPLY 1
ShruthiSK
HPE Pro

Re: HPE 1.2TB Read Intensive Mezzanine PCIe Workload Accelerator - PN 794603-B21 Downgrade Firmware

Hi, 

Please provide the below details in order to further understand the reason behind the downgrade problem. 

Please note that the driver and firmware update or downgrade is a single package and there would not be individual packages as such for the installation. 

1. What is the exact ESXi version and update?

2. Please attach the fio-debug logs or the output of the fio-status for us to go through the same to understand the firmware and driver showing up. 

Thanks. 

BR

Shruthi

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo