1752760 Members
5337 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 1Gb Support on the Flex-10 - not fully documented

Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

1Gb Support on the Flex-10 - not fully documented

Hello all, Can someone clarify the 1Gb support on the Flex-10 modules. As I understand it - I can fit 1Gb SFP+ modules to any of the 8 ports on a Flex-10 as per in the launch presentation. But HP dont supply any 1Gb SPF+ modules. And neither are there any 1Gb SPF+ cables... unless I can use the 10Gb ones and they run at 1Gb? How do I know they are supported at the other end? And there are 1Gb SFP modules but HP Sales Builder says I can only fit 2 per Flex-10... which ports are these allowed to go into?
8 REPLIES 8
Toni Maatta

Hi, I have bought this kind of RJ-45 SFP (1G) HP BLC VC 1Gb RJ-45 SFP Opt Kit so it's copper rj-45 sfp port... works fine. Thou I have only 2 of those on flex-10 module. I don't know if there are some limitations.
chopper3
Frequent Advisor

HP sell two 1Gb SFP modules; "1Gb SX SFP Opt Kit" (i.e. SX fibre) - 453151-B21 "1Gb RJ-45 SFP Opt Kit" (i.e. copper) - 453154-B21 Note that these are not SFP+ modules but plain old SFP ones, and any appropriate cabling will do just fine although HP do sell those too.
vibe06

SFP+ and SFP share the same form factor. All the SFP+ ports on the Flex-10 module can take SFP or SFP+ modules. The Sales Builder rule that says 2 SFP modules max is wrong, please ignore it. You can put SFP modules in any port, but be aware that if you populate X7 and X8 this will disable the 2 cross-connects with the adjacent Flex-10 module and that is not a supported configuration. The SFP+ DAC cables can do 10Gb only.
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Thanks all. The 2x 1Gb Limit is only highlighted in the HP Salesbuilder solution quoting tool. Looks like that the tools rules are in error.
mboanta
Occasional Advisor

Hey guys, I was actually referred to this site from an HP friend of mine. I have a SR Systems Engineer position open here in Orange County, CA and I am looking for someone that has strong experience with the following: HP Proliant series servers, c-Class blades/enclosures, enclosure interconnects/switches HP Proliant Virtual-connects (including Flex-10 VC) HP Insight Control environment for Windows (including HPSIM, RSP, RDP, VCEM) VMWare ESX 3.5, vSphere4, Virtual Center, Update manager, VMWare Convertor Please give me a call at 949-417-4818 if you or anyone you know is qualified and interested in a new opportunity. Thanks again for your time and help! Sincerely, Joe 949-417-4818 jojhenry@teksystems.com
anthonypoh
Occasional Visitor

Is the RJ-45 SFP option kit an actual RJ-45 jack which you can plug a standard cat-5e patch cable into?

I can't seem to find a picture of it anywhere......
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

send me a private message with your e-mail and I'll send you a picture of the 2 1GB SFP's that work on FLex10 modules and on our 1/10F VC modules.

See for now for a 1GB SX SFP: http://i00.twenga.com/informatique/accessoires-reseau/hewlett-packard-453154-b21-p_189300vb.png

funny enough I can't find a picture on google of the RJ45 one.

Cheers, Jeroen

(I am an HPE employee)
Abderrazak
Occasional Advisor

Hello ;

I have HP BLC VC 1GB RJ-45 SFP OPT KIT ; my network work on 100Mb , my quistion is this mobil connected to my LAN 100MB .