1752598 Members
5379 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

>10gb Stacking Possible?

GrahamZulauf_1
Occasional Advisor

>10gb Stacking Possible?

Is it possible to have greater than 10Gb stacking connectivity between any two enclosures in a Virtual Connect domain? If so, what ports would be used?
3 REPLIES 3
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

>10gb Stacking Possible?

You can use any ports and any method of cables. The cheapest way is to use the 10Gb copper cables with built in SFP connectors.
GrahamZulauf_1
Occasional Advisor

>10gb Stacking Possible?

Thank you for your response waveform. If I were to create a four enclosure domain with VC Flex-10 modules in interconnect bays 1 & 2 in all enclosures and create stacking links as described by HP with the CX4 ports, would I then be able to later increase the stacking bandwidth (to 20Gb) between any two enclosures by adding an additional 10GB SFP+ link from one of ports X2-X6? [Updated on 10/22/2009 7:32 AM]
GrahamZulauf_1
Occasional Advisor

>10gb Stacking Possible?

I think I found my answer. According to the doc "HP Virtual Connect for the Cisco Network Administrator": "An administrator could purposefully add additional stacking links to provide shorter stacking link paths between modules. For example using the scenario above, the administrator could add an additional stacking link between module 2 and module 8. If added, module 2 could send frames towards the active uplink on module 8 using the directly connected stacking link to module 8. Purposefully adding additional stacking links is not a common practice since each moduleтАЩs latency of 3.8 microseconds is so low."