New Discussion

Re: Active/Active

BJØRN ODDVAR NILSSEN
Occasional Contributor

Active/Active

We have one C7000 chassis with five BL460G6 and two Flex10 switches

Firmware for the OA's is 3.10

Firmware for the Flex10 is 2.33

We are trying to make an active-Active uplink to a Cisco switch, but it will only be Active-Passive.  The failover works OK. The conennector type is SFP-RJ45 and cable Cat5e

The Cisco switch is running the latest IOS avaiable 12.2.54.  We have also tried some other Cisco swithches, but same problem.

The config for the two Gigabit port is :

interface GigabitEthernet0/1

switchport access vlan 600

switchport mode access

channel-group 1 mode active

spanning-tree portfast

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/2

switchport access vlan 600

switchport mode access

channel-group 1 mode active

spanning-tree portfast

Anyone had similar problem??

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Antonio Milanese
Trusted Contributor

Hello

assuming you are using two indipendent SUS make sure to have the channel protocol set to LACP as per documentation:

you can find all you need in the VC cookbook appendix

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01990371/c01990371.pdf

and a more complete issue/gotca/compatibilty guide when playing with VVnets and cisco in the mix

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=4AA0-0113ENW.pdf

Hope this helps you.

Antonio

DanBooth

I'm running into the same issue. I have two Flex10 interconnect modules in my C7K chassis and I am creating an 8 port LACP team between the two modules to my Cisco 6509 switch. I have created the shared uplink set and configured my Cisco switch to match the HP docs. Unfortunately I can only get 4 of the NICs to be active/active, the other 4 nics are active/passive. The first 4 NICs are in the module for interconnect bay 1 and the second 4 NICs are in the module for interconnect bay 2.

I'm willing to bet this has something to do with the stacking between the two FLEX-10 modules. I would really like to get this resolved soon as I need to put my system into production next week.