1747984 Members
4772 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

After command line Hosts felt down because half duplex mode of hipervisor

Vanderson
Occasional Contributor

After command line Hosts felt down because half duplex mode of hipervisor

For long time my co-workers added vlan into C7000 Enclousure by graphic interface.
We have cluster but didn't work because virtual connect accept only 162 vlan per interface.
The real problem was when I access Virtual Connect Manager via SSH to configure Vlans.
Blades that limit Vlans was full (162) we receive "failed to add vlan" by console.
But for some reason all over blades those were on limit downlinks felt down of blades.
Looking for interfaces of ESXi was half duplex, and Virtual Connect doesn't work in this mode so that reason the host felt down.
My question is:
First, it is possible the command line to add Vlan and enable smartlink cause half duplex mode in hypervisor?
Second, in command line if don't add speed=auto which speed will be default?
Thanks guys!
3 REPLIES 3
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: After command line Hosts felt down because half duplex mode of hipervisor

Greetings,

Please find the answer of your queries.

Q. First, it is possible the command line to add VLAN and enable SmartLink cause half duplex mode in hypervisor?

A. Yes, it is possible to add VLAN and enable SmartLink through Virtual Connect CLI mode. The SmartLink property is no longer supported during the creation of the network. If specified, it is ignored. To configure the SmartLink attribute, use the set network command.

Please refer HP Virtual Connect for c-Class BladeSystem Command Line Interface User Guide page number 79 to 81 for detailed information.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04731372

Q. Second, in command line if don't add speed=auto which speed will be default?

A. In this case it will automatically senses the speed of the device to which it is attached.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
Vanderson
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for answer me, I need one more information.
It is possible by command line to show amount Vlan have in physical interfaces per downlink ports?
Known that I have 162 Vlan limit per interfaces and avoid disable interfaces
AmRa
HPE Pro

Greetings,

show enet-vlan command display general Ethernet VLAN configuration settings.

The VLAN capacity mode. Valid values are "Legacy" and "Expanded". The default value is "Legacy".
"Legacy" mode allows up to 320 VLANs per module and 28 VLANs per server connection.
"Expanded" mode allows up to 8192 VLANs per domain and 162 VLANs per physical server port.

For more information refer HP Virtual Connect for c-Class BladeSystem Command Line Interface User Guide(page number 35-36).

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04731372

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo