BladeSystem - General
1753485 Members
4427 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Any ideas when the next version of the HP Virtual Connect Simulator will be released..?

mc1903-1
Advisor

Any ideas when the next version of the HP Virtual Connect Simulator will be released..?

Hi,

Anyone from HP able to hint at when the next version of the HP Virtual Connect Simulator will be released and what shipping VC version it will match..?

I am using HP Virtual Connect Simulator v3.30, to create BAU/change process documentation, but it is 8 months 'old' and I would like to be able to mock-up VC configurations that actually look like the real world shipping VC...

Also, is there a feature wish list for the Sim..? I would like to be able to choose the blade servers and mezz cards in my simulated c7000 enclosure - the current BL4xx / BL6xx 'mix & match' is OK, but is not very 'flex-able'...

Thanks

Martin

6 REPLIES 6
Jim_SAN_DR
Occasional Visitor

Re: Any ideas when the next version of the HP Virtual Connect Simulator will be released..?

Wasn't aware that the simulator had been released outside of HP.  Where do you find the distribution media?

Thanks,

JR_SAN_DR

I'm an HP employee

I am an HP Employee.
chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

Re: Any ideas when the next version of the HP Virtual Connect Simulator will be released..?

The VC Simulator is for HP internal and HP Channel Partners only. It is not a released and therefore is an unsupported tool. Please be aware of that fact and having it needs specific  HP approval .

mc1903-1
Advisor

Hi Jim,

Smart Portal -> Enterprise Servers, Storage & Networking (ESSN) -> Industry Standard Servers & Software -> Sales & Technical Tools - HP Virtual Connect (Product Specific Tools) -> Sales Tools...

Martin...

mc1903-1
Advisor

Hi 

I was not asking for support... I was merely asking if anyone cared to hint at when the next version might appear... There is very little point in releasing a 'tool' if you don't keep it up to date...

Rgds,

Martin

Hongjun Ma
Trusted Contributor

i'll say maybe within serveral months. I don't think you'll have the feature to customize blade and mezz cards. that's a great idea. I'll let VC team know.

My VC blog: http://hongjunma.wordpress.com

mc1903-1
Advisor

Thank you for the info - shame it will be so long though...

The VC documentation link on your blog will be very useful... I have bookmarked it...

Martin