BladeSystem - General
1748239 Members
3653 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

C-class interconnect modules not covered under c7000 enclsoure serial number?

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

C-class interconnect modules not covered under c7000 enclsoure serial number?

Terri had a service and support question:

Hello all,

Do we have anything written that does state the c-class interconnect modules are or or not covered under the c7000 enclosure warranty? My customer does not have any contract or Carepaq, just standard warranty on a c7000 403320-B21.

He wants a MDS 9124e SAN switch replaced but none of the serial numbers provided for this switch show up in HP databases. I have successfully captured the Cisco serial number and converted it to HP format - it is not found either.

MDS 9124e Quick Specs: (1-1-1) Hardware Warranty - One-year on-site warranty, normal business hours, next business day

Timur had some good info:

This info was also shared by another member previously:

Hello,

-          The BladeSystem compontents has the following warranty:

This product is covered by a global limited warranty and supported by HP Services and a worldwide network of HP Authorized Channel Partners. Hardware diagnostic support and repair is available for three years from date of purchase. Support for software and initial setup is available for 90 days from date of purchase. Additional support may be covered under the warranty or available for an additional fee. Enhancements to warranty services are available through HP Care Pack services or customized service agreements.

Enclosure: Three-year parts and labor, on-site limited global warranty. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply

Enclosure options: Fans, Power Supplies, BladeSystem Onboard Administrator, 1 Year parts only or enclosure warranty

HP BladeSystem Interconnects: 1 Year parts and labor, on-site regardless of the warranty period for the system in which they are installed

HP Storage Fibre Channel switches have a maximum warranty period of one (1) year regardless of the warranty period for the system in which they are installed

Hard drives have either a one year or three year warranty; refer to specific hard drive QuickSpecs for details.

This means you have 3 year warranty on the enclosure and 1 year on the options installed in the enclosure.  The warranty can be uplifted by Carepacks.

-          Please note the following about uplifting by Carepacks:

HP Care Pack services for the c7000 Enclosure cover the enclosure, power supplies and fans.

HP qualified rack options are covered by these services when installed within the same rack.

HP supported c-Class enclosure devices including pass thru, Ethernet interconnect and virtual connect modules are also covered by the c7000 enclosure Care Pack services.

SAN/Fabric switches for the HP c-Class BladeSystem are not covered under the c7000 enclosure Care Packs, SAN/Fabric switches carry separate Care Packs.

SAN/Fabric Switch Care Pack service level support should always be uplifted to match existing storage or server service level.

This means that by uplifting the enclosure with a Carepack, all installed options (including Virtual Connect, but excluding SAN/Fabric switches) are also covered by that Carepack.  There is no need to buy additional Carepacks for the Virtual Connect devices.

Note that the Virtual Connect 8Gb 24-port Fibre Channel Module is considered a as “Virtual Connect” device and not as a SAN/Fabric switch.

I hope this helps already a bit.

Call HP Support if you have any other questions or need support.

3 REPLIES 3
susiri
Occasional Advisor

Re: C-class interconnect modules not covered under c7000 enclosure serial number?

Hi,

I have a concern regarding C7000 enclosure components. Currently we maintain 12 no's of c7000 enclosures, including pass-through, blade switchers, fiber switchers.

We don't have HP authorize partnership, we take parts, 2nd and 3rd level support through authorize partner, Customer aware that fact. Every time when they face network issue they want us to get Cisco TAC suppose via our Cisco ID, their main point is pass-through switch and Blade switch are part of the enclosure, as we do maintenances that is part of our job.

As per last comment, I Learn that Blade components are not part of enclosure. Can some one verify that fact, I mean can I find any HP document or advisory to prove this ?

Appreciate your valuable comments regarding this.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: C-class interconnect modules not covered under c7000 enclosure serial number?

I'm not sure if I get your question right, but take a look at the device, e.g. the SAN switch. Does it have a HP logo? It's a HP B-series SAN switch, not a brocade (call it Badge Engineering).

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/blades/components/c-class-interconnects.html

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
susiri
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, that means C7000 enclosure togather with switchers taken as a single part ?

Regards

Susiri