108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can't assign NIC ports 3 and 4 on mezz 2 in Virtual Connect

SOLVED
Go to solution
Matt Sebel
Advisor

Can't assign NIC ports 3 and 4 on mezz 2 in Virtual Connect

We've inherited an older C7000 chassis with the older 1Gb VC modules. The chassis has the 8-port 1Gb modules in slots 1/2 and 5/6 and the VC FC modules in slots 3/4. The BL460c blades have FC mezzanine cards in mezz slot 1 and the NC373m dual port nic in mezz slot 2. Everything appears to be set up correctly from what I can tell, but I can not, for the life of me, figure out how to assign NIC ports 3 and 4 to the server profile. I don't even get the option as they don't even show up and I can't figure out why. Can someone help me at all?

3 REPLIES 3
Hongjun Ma
Trusted Contributor
Solution

what's the version for VC manager?

usually you can right click under "ethernet adapter connection" to add more "ports", after apply, you can see how it maps to different NIC.

From hardware overview section in lower left corner of VC manager, you can see if VC sees the server mezz.

My VC blog: http://hongjunma.wordpress.com

Matt Sebel
Advisor

Oh my gosh, that was it... I had to right-click on the Ethernet Adapter Connections area and add connection like you suggested!! I would have NEVER thought to do that. Thank you so much for replying quickly with that info. I feel like a goon ;-)

Casper42
Respected Contributor

Don't feel like a goon. In later versions we added a [+] button because it was not obvious how to do it before.